Submit your proposal for the 2017 CUMU Annual Conference: The Urban Advantage, in Denver, Colorado. We invite presentations that encourage in-depth, meaningful conversations around the challenges and opportunities facing our collective communities. The submission deadline is April 21, 2017.
This year, new formats—a blend of short presentations and deep-dive discussions—have been added to allow attendees to ‘dig in’ and connect on common themes.
- Best Practices Presentation: Presenters will showcase their work and/or methodologies; highlight what worked; and present positive outcomes in our traditional presentation format.
- Lightning Sessions: In five minutes, presenters will inspire attendees to learn more about a topic in a quick, engaging, inspirational, and most importantly, fun way.
- Panel Presentation: A group of panelists with diverse view points and perspectives will create a question and answer dialogue around a topic.
- Mini Workshop: In these how-to-sessions, presenters will create a focused, interactive session that engages attendees on new processes, infrastructure, or policy approaches.
- Community Conversations: One presenter will lead a discussion around a hot topic or issue facing our campuses and communities. These are not about defining solutions, but rather problems, ideas, or practices that keep you up at night.
- Poster Sessions: This is a great opportunity to gain significant attention for your work in a more social atmosphere.