Major Comma Uses - Exercise 5
Directions: Rewrite the below sentences on the given line, placing commas where commas are needed. If a sentence needs no comma, write "correct" in the text box. When you have completed the exercise, check your answers by clicking on the "Check My Work" button.
Then, read and follow the instructions listed on the answer page.
1. Recognizing the thief the policemen arrested him immediately.
2. The student who writes the best paper will receive the best grade.
3. Elias Moxley a famous trial lawyer will represent Ms.Tishman.
4. Mary realizing her bad situation tried to convince her boss to give her a raise.
5. Bees for example have four wings.
6. Ellen Terry who wrote letters to George Bernard Shaw was a famous actress.
7. No you may not attend the game.
8. Idaho which is famous for its potato crop is located in the Midwest.
9. A man who writes mysteries is visiting the school this week.
10. Undaunted by the loss Georgette resumed her law practice.
11. Henderson Smith the mail carrier for our block always arrives on time.
12. The reason is of course obvious.